"The more you know, the less you carry" - Mors Kochanski.

October 9, 2008

Leaves are still changing.... time to build a winter shelter - Part 2.

Wow! Two posts in as many days! That's different! For me, anyways. Just making up for lost time, I guess.

I have some more progress to report. I took a few more pictures (with my daughter's help) so most of this post will just be on the pics.


I used the "Constrictor Knot" I learned from Mors. Works amazing and it uses a lot less string.

I took some time to find sections with branches so that I could use the "hook" part to make the binding more sound.

Here are the latest pictures with the roof mostly done.




This is my daughter's "Self portrait of a 4 year old's Bushcraft experience even though I spent most of my time asking to play with Daddy's expensive digital camera and wanting marshmallows to go with that campfire" picture.


This is also the picture she took of her foot. So we will always 'member it!


and a darn good shot of the back of my head!

I hope to get the cover on it before the end of Thanksgiving weekend (which is this weekend for us Canadians) and maybe get a chance to try it out the weekend after!

Will let you know.

Thanks,

Decado.

1 comment:

  1. wow, you found some perfect limbs for the roof, looks really sturdy. Neat knot too, I'll have to look it up.

    ReplyDelete