"The more you know, the less you carry" - Mors Kochanski.

November 25, 2007

I have conquered....

Just a quick post to yell out to the world.... I have made FIRE! OK not really that big of a deal since there was probably a few humans in the world that beat me to that one.


Actually, I managed to get an ember going with just my Mora knife, and a piece of quartz. (Char cloth this time) I must confess that the feeling of elation was.... well.... elating!


Funny how you can feel on top of the world just by making something from nothing like that. No match, no lighter, not even gas! I even made the char cloth - crappy char cloth at that.

Perhaps there is a new definition for Bushcrafter.... how about:

"Weirdo dude that goes out into his backyard in below zero temperatures, at 2am, just to see if he can hit a rock with a knife and make something burn before he freezes his fingers off!"

Boy, I bet the wife wishes she never told me to go out and get a hobby!

1 comment:

  1. Well done, i spent a lot of the weekend building fires and a shelter in the garden. cold but rewarding.
    SBW

    ReplyDelete