"The more you know, the less you carry" - Mors Kochanski.

April 21, 2009

Time to get off the farm..

For a little bushcraft hike in Algonquin Park that is...

Things have been a bit stressful of late. Business is still slow but it is starting to move a bit. With the warmer weather here and the threat of the imminent "Bug Invasion" scheduled a couple of weeks from now, I decided it's time to get out!

I contacted a couple of long-time hiking friends of mine and started making plans for a trip out to Algonquin Park. Turns out Pierre and I are the only ones going to be able to take off on a friday to make it a two nite trip. And this weekend is the only time he can go. (Sorry SpotTheCamper. I figured it would be a little short notice!)

As far as kit is concerned, I plan to stay as close to a "Nessmuk" list as I can with a few personal favorites. The weather is supposed to be beautiful this weekend. Even so, I will be bringing some extra warm clothes. The nights are still quite cool around here. I am also planning to make the weekend a bit of a "No Matter What" kind of a trip refered to by American Bushman. I have also made some new leather gear that I want to test. Will need to do a little water-proofing to protect the leather before the weekend gets here. Will post some pictures when I get a moment. I have decided to go with a modern s. bag and bivi instead of wool. We may do a lot of walking and I want a play around with the wool closer to home first.

Well.... need to get back to work. Will post more on kit and food for the trip before I go...

Thanks, Decado.

No comments:

Post a Comment